The Spirit gives life
But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. and if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. Romans 8:10-11 NIV
- I love the way the Trinity of God interacts in these verses. The Spirit gives life; the Spirit is the Spirit of the Father, who raised Christ from the dead. Three at once bringing life. The dance of the Trinity causing us to dance with God.
- God lives in his/her people. That is really incredible. It’s something I have known all my life and not really had sink in.
- The Spirit of God gives life because of righteousness. Not the righteousness of people but the righteousness of God. God’s righteousness brings life to the dead, the sinful, to all those that the Law could not save.
- I have the power of God living in me. I have the most powerful force of life in the universe present in my being. Right now. At this moment. As I breathe, God lives in me.
- I am invited to dance with God. I move with the Trinity. I live with them, and they in me. “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” John 14:20 NIV. Is this the day that I will realize how in God I am and how in me God is?
- I don’t have to try to produce my own righteousness. It is God’s righteousness that raises me from the dead and gives me life. The law can’t do that. My own effort can’t do that. Only God’s righteousness can do that. Praise God!