For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. John 3:34-36 NIV
- trusts the Son.
- shares his/her power.
- gives the Spirit with no boundaries on how much can be given.
- The wrath of God continues to operate in the lives of those who reject the Son whom God has sent.
- can enjoy eternal life. I get to believe in Jesus, the Son of God, and receive the blessing of the fruit of that choice: eternal life. “Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” John 17:3 NIV.
- can receive the Holy Spirit with no limit to the amount of the Spirit of God that can be given to me. This is incredibly appealing to me, but also very intimidating when I think of the limitless power of God that is meant to flow through me. God, help me invite you to flow through me in limitless abundance! “On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, ‘Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.’ By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.” John 7:37-39 NIV
- has access to the power of God. That is crazy awesome and beyond what I could ever dream of or aspire to. “”Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” Matthew 18:18 NIV. People, God has given his/her power to his/her people. Let’s use it!