“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.” John 17:24 NIV
- Jesus wants me to see his glory. I really love that. He is not wanting to hide himself from me. He wants to reveal his glory to me in all its splendor. He is not timid or shy or pretend modest. What do they call that? False humility. That’s it! Jesus doesn’t have false humility! Hurray!
- Jesus wants to be with me. Isn’t that cool? He wants all of us to be with him. That’s worth celebrating!
- Jesus’ glory was already before the creation of the world. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. That power that rose him from the dead and that purity that made it possible for God to manifest his power through him to save us.
- I get to see God’s glory! That is pretty incredible.
- Jesus wants my company! Isn’t that cool? I used to feel pretty lonely and wonder if anyone wanted my company. I was raised quite far out of mainstream American culture. When I became a part of the more mainstream culture, I wondered if people wanted me to be a part of them. Jesus wants me to be in the heavenly realms with him. That’s a nice place to be wanted.
- I was in Christ before the beginning of the world. God knew me then also. I have been loved outside of time and in time. That’s cool.