I am protected by God’s life
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14-15 NIV
- The persons of the Trinity know each other fully. What is interesting is that Jesus said the Father knows some things that he doesn’t – like when the end comes. Isn’t that interesting? One can know someone fully without knowing everything that they know.
- God, manifested as Jesus, is a good leader and protector. He is the good shepherd. He protects, provides, leads.
- God is sacrificial. Jesus dies for people. It’s an amazing picture to think of a person that is willing to die for an animal. It is even more amazing to consider a God who is willing to die for a person.
- I am fully known by Jesus. He knows me and loves me.
- I am protected by the life of God. God died that I might live. Jesus protected me from Satan with his own life. Isn’t that incredible?
- I am very well led and provided for. The one who knows everything, who gives everything life, is the one who brings me my provision. I love that God’s provision for me is so complete and easy. Hurray!