God is revelatory, is not proud, and is boss!
At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. Matthew 11:25-26 NIV
- is revelatory. He loves to show us the divine. God loves to show us who and what the divine is.
- is not proud. God reveals himself to little children. The little ones are those most prone to knowing the Divine.
- is boss. I sometimes think of “lord” as “boss.” It is so hard for me to think of “lord” in a way that actually relates to my life. God is boss of everything. Phew!
Therefore I am…
- able to know. Praise God that I get to know the Way, the Truth, the Life!
- obliged to become humble. Unless I become like a little child, I cannot enter God’s kingdom (Matthew 18:3).
- safe in God’s care. He rules over all creation. Nothing can hurt me!